Veterans Benefits

Veterans' enrollment certifications are processed by the Registrar's Office. All veterans planning to obtain educational assistance benefits through the Veterans Administration must record their intentions with the Registrar's Office for each certification period. Those students applying for veteran's benefits at Herkimer County Community College for the first time should make application to the Veterans Administration well in advance of the college registration. Forms are available at the Registrar's Office or online at Federal and state regulations require that colleges report promptly to the VA non-attendance or termination of study on the part of students receiving benefits. All students receiving educational assistance benefits are required to submit monthly attendance reports signed by their instructors confirming satisfactory attendance. Failure to submit these reports or an unsatisfactory report may result in termination of benefits and possible reimbursement of monies received from the VA. For further information, please contact the Registrar's Office.